Saturday, April 19, 2008

Saturday Nights

Time has certainly changed how I see Saturday night. I used to spend the day shopping for a great outfit or I would spend Saturday recovering from my Friday so as to revamp for another round later that evening, but none of that happens now. Time has slowed me down, made me much more mellow and much less self involved. I think now for my son and I spend my days wondering how I can make his days and nights fun, interesting, better than the last. On Friday we purchased something that he has been silently longing for...Play Station 2 and Guitar Heroe III. He is 7 and in his world there is no better way to spend a Saturday night then with a friend banging on the red, blue, yellow and green buttons to the tunes of songs that are older then me (well almost). Time moves fast so I know that in time my time will come again ...to plan for a night out on the town or a night with friends...but for now, I will cherish these Saturday nigts filled with the sounds of laughter and excitement of a beautiful little boy who loves being home with his mom.

3 comments:

singleton said...

OH, sweetie, relish every golden moment, make a snapshot in your mind of every glittered smile, head through back laughing, eyes dancing! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy, that beautiful boy! Much love

bettermoon said...

Thank you once again my sweet friend for showing me just how important it is to let their little spirits soar at what they love doing best...just being children! Love you!

skinnylittleblonde said...

Lol...Yes! Enjoy! Lord only knows that the next seven years will go faster than the last! And, yes... Saturday nights change with time.